Personally, I'd consider PIM and browser essential apps with the OS, but they don't seem like a natural part of an office suite. One is a communications toolset, one is a document creation and analysis set...

Of course, it's all semantics. You need both, regardless of how you divide up what goes where.

I have communicated with Mozilla in the past, largely through their SpreadFirefox.com site, and lots of members of their community are interested in helping cross-market with OOo. If we built a concrete plan, we could probably roll it out and achieve some measurable results pretty quickly.

-Ben