On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:14:35 -0600, Richard Ha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Alexandro Colorado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 09:50:37 -0600, Florian Effenberger
 wrote:

Hi Alexandro,

Hi people looking at the Mozilla project they are having this
initiative on Campus Reps (representatives) means an official contact
that represents the community 'in campus'.

basically, this is a good idea. However, in Germany, we faced serious
problems with OOo in educational area, it often takes much more work
than we think. We should take this into account... maybe we can evaluate
your idea with some schools and universities first?

Florian

This is not my idea, and yes, this is targeted to colleges/universities.
And most of the time this is not an official link to the university since
they are extremely bureacratic and will want some paperwork.

The way Mozilla is aproaching this is basically making a call to students
that want to become Campus rep in their college to send an email and then
feed them some training on what is mozilla and how to make BOF and drive
talks on their campus.

Because putting a website call for action and a mailing list for training centre will be less effective for training centre to just sign up than students that have more time and give a talk within their campus much easier than a training center.

--
Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES