On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:30:04 -0600, Uwe Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the preprint
server arXiv.org supports the docx format since the 16th of Febr.

I asked the administrator why he does not support OO and he told me he
loved to, but would need the following 3 things

What we need is the ability to validate an ODF document, and to convert
   ODF->PDF. For docx we hired someone to write a wrapper around
   .net/word so that we have a web service to the arXiv software can call
   to do this.

That same person can write it for ODF using AODL

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AODL

   1) a test set of representative documents in ODF
   2) advice/code on a suitable way to validate
   3) advice/code on ODF->PDF (obviously need to produce portable PDF
   with appropriate scalable font inclusion and subsetting)

I think it would be good for the OO community to make this happen. Can
somebody please tell me who would be willing and qualified to help on
this issue?

There are many development shops that do this type of work. I dont think a community will engage in a project for a specific company that is just not what we do. But we can certainly point you to pieces of software or companies that are familiar with ODF. Also this is more of an ODF implementation more than OpenOffice.org in itself. So that means that you can have more luck going to places like odfellowship.org where more independent vendors develop for ODF.

regards

Uwe Brauer

Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES