Reading on Benjamin Horst's blog I see a new utility called elgg which claim to be a free software social networking tool. We see that we can have something like ning.com completely distributed and free/open.

Living in the Web 2.0 age we are seen that the social networking sites will caught up on the CMS as tools for activities on the web. Here is my proposal, should OOo pioneer by starting a social network site based on OOo community.

This idea might be odd sounding but think about it, is an easy way to keep our members on the loop with a software that is thoutght on collaboration.

Most of the OOo community is already in many commercial social networks including Facebook, Linkedin, Xing, Twitter, Identi.ca etc.

If we start running our social network with the branding on OOo we could provide a great layer to collaborate and get a more human (social) view of the contributors.

Please comment.

http://elgg.org

--
Alexandro Colorado