On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 15:44 +0200, eric b wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Several OpenOffice.org Projects have no or very limited resources,
> like e.g. Mac OS X Aqua port and Education Project (still incubator
> project).

There were suggestions about setting up sustainable fund raising
projects for education in the past but there has never been the will to
do it. In fact in my own case I feel I was actively discouraged so took
my "resources" to greener pastures. We are managing to sustain 5 people
now but it has been a slow and painstaking process. However, it shows it
is possible to develop a commercially viable business on open systems
for education and we are still growing.  I wish you bon chance, but
unless OOo gets more organised eg like Mozilla foundation has, I don't
hold out much hope.

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications