> On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Per Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > I'd really suggest that the information is available when not using
> > JavaScript.
>
> At the same time, I really wish the information is dynamic. Having a
> long long long HTML table is as bad as requiring JS if not more.

Alexandro,

You might like to have a look at the source for the CD Distributor's page. I
contains an enormous list, done as a series of tables. We use JS and <div>
tags to enable filtering to only show a sub-set of the page. I'm guessing that
this is something similar to what you envisage (still not dynamic, but it is
definitely one way of doing it). An added advantage is that if JS is turned
off in the browser, we don't have to have a non-JS page (the visitor has to
wade through the entire page instead.

> The whole point of JS is that at least you can filter and provide
> information faster and more relevant.
>
> > Talking to Louis and getting more developers is the solution if you ask
> > me.
>
> I had email Louis about this topic but there really should be address
> on their development mailing lists. Otherwise what's the point of
> having a development mailing list on the first place.
>
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Per
> >
> > Alexandro Colorado skrev:

> >> To start we need an update table of bizdev with more acurate
> >> information. We also need this table to be more manageable hopefully
> >> an AJAX table.
> >>
> >> Finally we really need a better presentation of our partners even
> >> thought  is hard to do this on collabnet infrastructure you can still
> >> import JSON objects and let Javascript handle the dynamic information.
> >> You can see an example that I did using Zoho DBCreator.
> >> http://bizdev.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=consultants&msgNo=669
> >>
> >> I also create an issue for the project

Alex Fisher

Co-Lead, CD-ROM Project