Do you envision this as something we'd place on our marketing site somewhere, to show that people are talking about OOo? Or use it on the social profile pages we've created for OOo on LinkedIn and Facebook and others?

It could be a good entrance into doing more web2.0-like advertising for OOo, which I think is definitely a good thing. We should create a handful of widgets, including this one, that OOo fans and marketers can place on their blogs. Others should be stuff like a download counter, "top posts" in the forum, "top extensions" and those types of things. Make them all easy for users to find and put on their own sites, to spread awareness of us!

-Ben