On Fri, March 13, 2009 06:43, sophie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just for information:
> http://www.osor.eu/news/fr-gendarmerie-saves-millions-with-open-desktop-and-web-applications

This supports my comment reported in The Guardian on Wednesday:

Where Microsoft is increasingly challenged is in the public sector. From
Birmingham to Brussels, local and regional governments are switching to
OpenOffice in a bid to confront the hegemony of Microsoft. "The idea of
using open source software not originated by an American multinational
corporation seems to go down particularly well in the French public
service," says John McCreesh, marketing project lead of OpenOffice.org.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/mar/12/open-source-apps

I hope this doesn't sound too racist - I am a closet Francophile ;-)

John
--
John McCreesh - Marketing Project Lead - OpenOffice.org
Developers - join us! see http://council.openoffice.org/developers.html