We have been successful in a grant application for transfer of
Innovation with partners in Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany
and Spain. This 367,000 Euro project together with 250,000 Euros of
private investment will in part fund qualifications and support
materials for OOo that reference to the new EQF. For example, we are
currently mapping Gabriel Gurley's OOo Moodle course content to the UK
National Occupational standards with a view to incorporating a revised
version of the INGOT IT qualifications to support the IT User National
Vocational Qualification (ITQ) and European Qualifications Framework
(EQF) as well as the UK schools National Curriculum.  We will extend the
UK national accreditation to other countries starting with Romania.

We have grant applications to take the innovative assessment pedagogies
of the INGOTs to maths for computer science and software development. We
are working with the UK Sector Skills Council for Business and IT, the
UK Qualifications and Curriculum Development Agency, the Open Source
Consortium of companies, and the Computing at Schools Group to design
qualifications that will increase take up of computing particularly
pre-university that will in turn increase the number of CS
undergraduates. While not directly related to OOo, producing more CS
graduates and teaching them about open systems is aimed at increasing
the number of potential Open Source developers particularly at
undergraduate level and so this strategy should have a beneficial effect
on the OOo project.

Regards,
--
Ian