Hello Graham and all... Having toured the referenced links -- which
certainly do provide a comprehensive overview, replete with critical
detail -- I most heartily agree with the outline posted at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Short_Term_Marketing_Plan  and
double-ditto your bottom line, re: the orchestration of a major promotional
(Trojan Horse) event, "It doesn't have to be serious but it has to be
distinctive and professional." Which to me translates as 'major league fun.'

Is such a 'happy white polar bear' (think CocaCola) 'mascot/event' on the
drawing board? In the works? Because I also agree that if OOo is serious
about 'increasing market share', a fun-themed promotional 'happening' (which
packs a solid whollop of edu-tainment) is the most expedient way to leverage
brand name credibility. This approach is absolutely right.

Thing is, I also realize the gargantuan amount of staging time (at least a
year) and ongoing networking diligence it takes to coordinate circumstances
of substantial promotional swag & sway to leverage a brand name into
marketplace leadership...

Anyway, I by no means have completed an exhaustive review of everthing OOo,
but made some notes, have a few ideas and thot it best to see how well our
thinking meshes before I delve further. Hope all is good for everyone.
~Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Lauder" <yori...@openoffice.org>