Chris Pratt wrote:
> I thought the group would find it interesting that the Utah State Department
> of Technology has recently (beginning August 1st, 2009) implemented a policy
> stating that all new computers ordered will have OpenOffice installed as the
> office productivity software instead of Microsoft Office.  Any new computer
> violating this rule requires written justification as to why and approval by
> the CIO.  There are rumors that this policy will eventually apply to the
> entire Utah State Government.  I feel the tide turning in favor of
> OpenOffice.  Congratulations!

I wonder if the order makes it known that even those machines encumbered
with MSO are able to have OOo installed along side the legacy software?

I hope the Utah State Department of Technology is able to install OOo on
*all* the machines.

I know first hand that the belief of in a false dichotomy (Either-Or)
has been cultivated among many users.  They have been told repeatedly to
believe that they can only use one application per service or function.

-Lars