here is chatroom right?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Florian Effenberger" <flo...@openoffice.org>
To: <dev@marketing.openoffice.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2009 4:38 AM
Subject: Re: [marketing] Videos of OOo4Kids online

Hi Eric,

Sure, we'll do. And if you want to help us to create a german version, feel free to join the move !

I currently look into an option to get a free professional speaker for Germanophone videos. It'll take a while, but maybe that would be an option also for the translation of your videos. ;-)

If you want to know our main need, this is extremely simple : donations.

As example, we didn't receive enough to help me to attend Orvieto, so no OOoCon for me this year :-/

I see, I have similar issues sometimes. However, for OOoCon, there are bursaries available, of about 300 €. This will not cover all costs, for sure, but it will make it easier for people to attend. If you are looking for the bursary, I would happily give you my support, as education is an important topic.

That's a pity, because we have something to show, but no money. For example, I did a portable version I'll name OOo4KidsPortable or something like that (fr only today, but can lot of locales). The problem is we don't have enough of money to buy USB keys, and so on ... to start saling them, and finaly win some money, allowing us to improve the Education Project effort (e.g.)

For USB drives, the marketing project might be able to help, if we sell these through the project - just like we do with t-shirts and such.

If you want to discuss more, you can see me on #education.openoffice.org IRC channel (server is irc.freenode.net ). Thus, I'll provide you a very simple way to meet Ben Bois too, just in case ;)

Maybe we phone after the conference? That's the most easy thing. :-) I hope to meet Ben personally, as he now moved to Germany.

P.S. : did you solve the garbage with your fonts ? I think I can provide you a version, you could launch in command line, and pass the values you want (dpi_X, dpi_Y), until find the less bad, or the best if ever we are lucky.

Didn't solve my problem yet - if you can provide with a version, that would be great!

Florian

.