Please send your email to us...@education.openoffice.org so you can talk to the
people that works with OOo4Kids. However to answer your questions:

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM, ec.caviness <ec.cavin...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
I have install a copy of openOffice OOo4kids and like what you and other
have done. below are some problems I have with it;

1.  It took over all of my openOffice doc and calc files, and they can only
be open by OOo4kids. can you change this son that this dose not happen.

This is a windows behavior, you can modify it by going into doocument types
under the Windows Explorer (not the browser) but the file manager. You select
the types of documents and link it to the original OpenOffice.org

This is the window you will usually find out to configure the system filetype
and select the software that should run the file.
http://officeblogs.net/excel/Options.JPG

2. could add a program that let the kid keep track of there grades that get
per subject.

I think the list I post above could help you better.  Make sure to
subscribe first by sending user-subscr...@education.openoffice.org

I have found this to be better than ms works in some area, it will need some
kid type template such as book report, birthday card and certificates.
I sure there are many more but these are some.

ec

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español