I would suggest maybe we can ask this guy to put up a stall at OOConference
and provide discount to those attending the conference. Maybe he is
interested because he will get access to so many potential customers...

Alternatively I am not sure whether it is legally possible but can we offer
him to be official T shirt partner or ask him to be sponsor for some
event...My 1 cent :)