Hi everyone!

OpenOffice.org is dead. My question: Was it alive? ;-)

More seriously, when he looks at his table, he might be right. When I
talked with John some time ago, he told me that we still have problems
to be widely accepted in the USA. And what the guy, Christopher Dawson,
talks about might be absolutely valid. There, Internet connections are
quite common ... even for mobile users. And then people might feel the
need to consume / edit documents on the go. Different technical and
organizational preconditions cause different "perceived" needs.

What does that mean? Either decide to adapt OpenOffice.org, or focus on
those users who require different strengths for a software application.
Or make clear that we have something which is more important ... up to
your mind :-) What at least makes me feel a bit uncomfortable, that
although being the "technology director of the [...] school district" he
doesn't feel the need for freedom and choice. But maybe I don't really
know what that means.

Let's finally focus on his "interesting" picture he chose for his
posting.

Bye,
Christoph