Hi Kay,

Perhaps after  the introduction, we can include some real life examples of
people who just dropped by and then became permanent members of the
community.Some people who have become contributors for documentation or
marketing project w/o being actual developers will reinforce our pitch.  I
believe such real life examples motivate in their own special way.

My 2 cents :)