Hi Bernhard,

We can still have a cake withouth the logo, just with the symbol. Here's an example:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png

Or we can find good pictures of the cake at the OOoCon, this one would need to be cropped and the candles are missing:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/images/f/f0/OOo_cake.png

What do you think?

Regards,
Rosana

Bernhard Dippold wrote:
Hi Louis,

Louis Suárez-Potts schrieb:
I'd like to focus attention on a fairly urgent matter. Specifically,
the "baking" of the traditional cake, this time with 10 candles, to
represent our 10th anniversary. [...]  In the past, the
community composed of the Website team (which I used to lead) and the
Marketing/Art teams made the image. [...]
We need a cake (or at least want one) and we need for it to do what
birthday cakes always do: be pretty and show that there is some grace
left in life for now and in the future.

The past logo was allowed to be combined with images like the cakes:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Logo_bcake_9th.png

For the new logo we've been told that it is necessary to define a minimal white space around it (discussion not yet finished, but probably half the height of the "O" for community internal use). there was a consensus in the branding team that seasonal logos for the website are the least important ones and therefore should not be supported.

If there is any different decision, please let me know.

Linked to the image of the 9th birthday at the wiki there is sthe SVG source with the cake and candles.

It doesn't take too much work to add another candle and move the others around to make it look decent...

Best regards

Bernhard

<http://www.oracle.com/>
Rosana Ardila Biela | Marketing Manager
Phone: +49 (0)40 23 646 722
Oracle Office

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande