Thanks a lot for your contributions to OpenOffice.org. We will certainly miss you.

Best regards,
Peter

On 01/05/2011 10:08 PM, Ismael Fanlo wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ismael Fanlo
Date: 2011/1/5
Subject: resign as OpenOffice.org Marketing Contact in Spain
To: mar...@marketing.openoffice.org

Hello to everyone,

A year ago I became Marketing Contact for Spain with my intention of
intensively promoting our software in the business field, but various
circumstances have prevented me from carrying out this task with the
necessary dedication.

Recent events, as the creation of The Document Foundation and
LibreOffice, puts me in a somewhat uncomfortable situation, because
although I'm still supporting OpenOffice.org I also consideer
supporting LibreOffice adoption, as well as any other variant of
OpenOffice.org. From my point of view as a trainer and supporter of
OpenOffice.org I see no incompatibility (at least so far) between the
two projects.

I think that this may cause a conflict of interest from my part, so I
believe that the best decision I can make is to resign as
OpenOffice.org Marketing Contact in Spain to enjoy the independence
that allows me to promote both, OOo, LibO, as well as the oooES
project leaded by members of the OpenOffice.org Spanish language
community.

Consequently, please give me low on the list of marketing contacts:
http://marketing.openoffice.org/contacts.html.   Thanks.

I leave with deep pleasure for allowing me collaborating on this
project, and with my best wishes for the success of the free software,
especially for the OpenOffice.org porject and all its derivatives.

Regards,

--
Ismael Fanlo

*ifanlo - soluciones libres* http://ifanlo.com
- Consultoría en migraciones a software libre
- Soporte ofimático online
- E-learning
- Formación informática presencial