On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 11:18, Michal Maczka wrote:
> [...]
> > ... dist plugin IMHO builds "zip" archives, which are more suitable than
> > jar e.g. for javadoc.
> >

> Somebody knows how compression level of zip compares to jar.
> I thought that they are quite similar...

They are indeed.

Just my first association when reading "archive" is *.zip, *.tgz, *.rar
etc. and NOT *.jar.  My association for a jar is a bunch of class files,
possibly directly executable, possibly containing property/xml files
etc.

For javadoc and sources I find zip more natural.  E.g. the sun javadoc's
for J2SE is a zip as well as the J2SE java sources, right?
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4  5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5