ok. That's cool to know. However, my belief is that it still needs to be
fixed for Maven 1.0.

> There is one more problem with ejbs.
>
> There are not added to build class path.
>

> This will be also fixed in maven-new (ArtifactHandlers)
> but I would propose a temporary hack in maven-old and to hard code
more
> artifact type
> which should be added to class path.
>

> see org.apache.maven.DependencyClasspathBuilder.
>
> Michal
>
> P.S.
>

> A workaround for 1st problem for ejbs is:
>
> <dependency>
>     <type>ejb<type>
>     <jar>actual file name </jar>
> </dependency>
>
> AFAIK There is no workaround for 2nd problem,

I see 2 solutions:

1/ Add a property called <classpath>false</classpath> and if found the
said dependency is not added to the Classpath?

or

2/ Define a list of well known artifact types. That would server 2
purposes:
a- to know if the said dependency type should be added to the classpath
b- to know what extension this type has

I prefer 2.

-Vincent