Hi,

Just glancing around the plugins I see a few different ways that people
are using to reference plugin properties that belong to the plugin in
question. For example inside the java plugin there are references like:

${maven.compile.target}
${context.getVariable('maven.compile.fork'}

and in some other plugins:

${pom.getPluginContext('maven-foo-plugin').getVariable('bar')}

Which is only really needed if you're trying to get hold of a property
for in another plugin.

This is something else I would like to standardize and with the current
refactoring something like:

${plugin.getProperty('maven.compile.target')}

would work or we could simply do the

${maven.compile.target}

which is not clear as to where the property comes is used in some
places.

I am in favour in the first form as it's perfectly clear where the value
comes from and is what I would like to use in the doco.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]