As you noted on #maven, linkcheck does have the capability of writing it's cache in an area other than target. I usually configure linkcheck to write to /tmp/linkcheck-${pom.id}.cache. Then let the OS clear it out every once in a while.

Perhaps we should formalise a slightly less volatile area for projects to write their "volatile", but not "really volatile" data. eg
~/.maven/cache/${pom.id}/
or some such.

Luke Taylor wrote:

Luke Taylor wrote:

   if(incremental && output.exists())
   {
       if(range != null && isn't empty)
       {
      // Parse existing xml file and build the entries list from it.

Obviously I should have said here that entries before the requested range wouldn't be added to the list...