Kaus Olaf wrote:
> Hi "Maviacs",
>
> I am a newbie in the OpenSource-Business and I would like to support the community.
> I fix the Bug ISSUE: "(MAVEN-540) Property: maven.plugin.dir doesn't work",
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-540
>
> but I don't know how to submit the patch.
> So, how is the workflow to submit a patch to the community?

First of all you need to file an issue that describes the problem,
or enhancement, but I see you have done it already.

Once you have your patch ready, please attach it to the issue you have
filed, using 'attach file' option. Remember to use always unidiff (cvs
diff -uN) format - most developers refuse to read the default diff format.

If the issue in in 'Assigned' status, a developer will be notified of
the patch automatically. If your issues is still 'Unassigned' it might
be a good idea to approach a developer who has been active in the area
affected by the patch. You can find such person by looking at the
@author javadocs tags and commit logs. A short email 'Please take a look
at MAVEN-x, it has a patch ready.' to a developer is approved by the
netiquetted, and generaly gives a better chance of getting your patch in
than posting about it to the list, or just waiting that someone notices
it. If you can't tell the right person I'd recommend writing to Ben
Walding - I've some good experience working with him on the few patches
I've submitted (thanks Ben!)

The developer who picks up the patch will review it and eiter commit it,
or come back to you with additional questions / requests. It is usually
done with issue comments, so make sure you have 'watch issue' option
turned on on all issues you report.

After the patch is successfully applied (or rejected, this also happens
from time to time) the issue is closed and the process ends (lest the
issue gets reopened later).

Thanks for your contribution, and good luck!
R.