Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 09/11/2003 06:54:12 AM:

> On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 03:38, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > There was no discussion about this.
>
> There has been a great amount of discussion. Simply because you weren't
> party to it doesn't mean it never happened. Or more to the point you

I meant on the pmc list.

> knew full well where the code was being developed and you never asked
> about it. You showed pretty much zero interest in maven-new so what
> would make me think you were even vaguely interested in the next effort?

I am, and was, more interested in getting stable, functional code to the
users in the shortest possible time. This has been with the 1.0 codebase,
as lovely as it is, simply because it continues to work.

Internal rewrites are all well and good, but until they provide the same
functionality as the existing, it's academic to me. That's just my
mentality.

> I am neither obliged to disclose to you personally nor to a public
> mailing list all the things I'm working on. And it's not that I would

And I don't expect you to.

> refuse to tell you anything, you simply did not ask. But don't make the
> erroneous assumption that no discussion has taken place.

What's the scene in Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy? The application has
been on file at the local planning centre for how long?

> For those not in the know you soon will be. So queries about Wagon, the
> Plexus-based version of Maven and my desire to move Maven away from
> Apache prior to a chat with Roy Fielding will all be disclosed today
> with full reasoning.
This stuff is for you and you alone from my perspective.

If Wagon has been continuously developed while we're struggling to get a
1.0 out the door, it's disappointing to me.

I like to work in a team.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Pub Key:http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/public-key.asc