"Vincent Massol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 11/11/2003 07:54:55 PM:

> dIon,
>
> I don't quite agree. Each of these plugins are separate. Sharing the
> same properties ties them together. I would agree, provided the
> multiproject plugin provides some useful infrastructure for all plugins
> dealing with several projects. In which case the other plugins would
> "extend" it and it would make sense to share properties. Tying them
> together just to share some properties does not seem enough to me to
> justify the tie.
>
> Ideas?
Infrastructure provided by multiproject:

- multiproject:goal for running any goal across multiple projects.
- 2 multiproject reports: dependency convergence and overview.
- the notion of project 'type' (war, jar, ear, etc).
- a single point for declaring the multiple projects being processed

This could easily be made better without having 25 odd sets of properties
declared over time.

Can you imagine how the normal reporting would look if each report
required project.xml to be defined using plugin specific properties?
That's how the various multireport/changes/dashboard stuff is looking to
me now.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting