Sorry I was not clear, what I was trying to say is: maven has logging
built in, if you need a logfile you can pass the -l switch or
re-configure slf4j. It also has some control over the loglevel (-X).
Most users dont need it because they (think CI Server) just catch
stdout.

http://maven.apache.org/maven-logging.html

Gruss
Bernd