Hi Simon,

you seemed to be very impatient...

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz...

BTW: I will take care within the next few days...

> May I know who is handling this PR?
https://github.com/apache/maven-enforcer/pull/13

any comments or concerns?

Regards
Simon

<mailto:wangyf2...@gmail.com>>:

    Hi, Karl,

    Real case happened in our company is:
    There are bunch of repositories using. For specific application,
    need to limit specific set of repositories.

    Those invalid repositories could be defined anywhere.
    like settings.xml, application's pom files or even in dependency's
    pom files.

    So point is: this rule will ban repositories from maven session
    level, instead of only application pom and its parent.
    Also attached some comments below from Paul.

    I create a demo project to show how to use this rule:
    1. clone https://github.com/wangyf2010/maven-enforcer, "mvn clean
    install -DskipTests" it.
    2. clone

https://github.com/wangyf2010/maven-shared/tree/banned-repos/maven-dependency-analyzer
    3. run "mvn enforcer:enforce" for "maven-dependency-analyzer".

    Of course, you can try to add banned repositories into settings.xml
    as well.

    Regards
    Simon

    ~~~~
    I think banning repositories is a great idea. The example givem may
    not be
    too useful -- the system architects should just turn off access to
    the repo
    they don't want anyone to acesss -- but I more than once wanted to stop
    some live repos (out of my control) from being accessed. +1.

    Cheers,
    Paul