I haven't used testing harness 1.3 for many years now, but in case you
want to see how nice version 3.1 is, I just pushed sample maven plugin
to github

   https://github.com/ifedorenko/com.ifedorenko.sample-maven-plugin

Igor

On 2014-06-12, 15:01, Benson Margulies wrote:
So, I tried to set up the testing harness in a project:

   <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugin-testing</groupId>
       <artifactId>maven-plugin-testing-harness</artifactId>
       <version>1.3</version>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>

And I'm failing to run the test with:

org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository
       role: org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojo
   roleHint: com.github.maven-nar:nar-maven-plugin:3.1.1-SNAPSHOT:nar-validate
classRealm: none specified
at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentRegistry.getComponentManager(DefaultComponentRegistry.java:435)

nar-validate is the name of the mojo.

This project uses a pretty old base maven version and a pretty old junit.

The stub pom I have is :

  <build>
         <plugins>
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>com.github.maven-nar</groupId>
                 <artifactId>nar-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <configuration>
                     <project
implementation="org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.stubs.MavenProjectStub"/>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>
         </plugins>
     </build>