Am 06/14/14 04:50, schrieb talios:
> Github user talios commented on the pull request:
>
>     https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/21#issuecomment-46076519
>
>     Interesting about the version range changes in aether there - whilst the
> [2.2.*] range is nice, that doesn't offer SNAPSHOT exclusion - unless the
> `VersionFilter` is being exposed somehow to maven - I don't see maven
> directly supporting that. Tho this discussion should be taken off-issue I
> guess.

I did not follow any discussion about SNAPSHOT handling in version
ranges. From a version specification grammar point of view, '-SNAPSHOT'
is just another qualifier without special meaning. The special meaning
comes from Maven changing behaviour when detecting that qualifier.
Dealing with this could be as simple as changing version range behaviour
based on that qualifier as well. So when a POM defines that qualifier,
Maven includes versions carrying that qualifier, and if a POM does not
define that qualifier, Maven excludes that qualifier. Actually, it's a
flag indicating a project to be work in progress. If 'true', that
project is allowed to depend on other projects flagged work in progress,
if 'false', it's not. Just an idea, however.

Christian