Github user MysterionRise commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/20#issuecomment-46524647

    First of all - thanks for your email.
    I understand, that this will ruin current ORing technique, but at least it
    could be fixed with copying for a while.

    What about complex conditions - it's my next step, I see that people needs
    complicated conditions, so definitely me or somebody else could provide it
    . 4565 was the first step, to try how it will going.

    So, next step would be formalizing task for AND and OR in activation
    section and then it could be fixed too.

    Konstantin
    On Jun 19, 2014 8:45 AM, "FredipusRex" <notificati...@github.com> wrote:

    > You do realize that the current OR condition is actually out in use right
    > now in many POM files, right? This was previously the subject of a patch
    > (MNG-3106) - originally only one condition was accepted which was patched
    > to allow for ORing of conditions - arguably the wrong thing to do, but
it's
    > pretty well understood out in the Maven community. While this patch
finally
    > matches Maven to the Sonatype book, it will break a lot of POMs without
    > recourse other than multiple, near duplicate activations.
    >
    > The right way to fix this would have been to add the ability to specify
    > the condition (AND, OR), perhaps through a set of tag attributes.
    >

    > JDKCheck
    > true
    >

    > NeedsJava4or5
    >

    > Linux
    >
    > 1.6
    > 1.4
    > 1.5
    >
    > All conditions now belong to a group - either the default group or a named
    > group attribute. Members of the default group have no attributes and are
    > AND'd together (keeping the functionality of your patch). There do not
need
    > to be any members of the default group - in which case, it acts purely as
    > glue to named groups.
    >
    > One member of each named group must indicate how the group relates to the
    > default group via the condition attribute and how the members of the group
    > are related to each other via the group-condition attribute.
    >
    > This allows compact but complex relationships. The above example is
    > activated when the JDKCheck property is true and the NeedsJava4or5
property
    > exists and the JDK is 1.4 or 1.5, or when compiling under Linux and the
JDK
    > is 1.6. It does not allow infinite numbers of levels and parenthetical
    > statements, but does provide for most common build scenarios. When there
    > are no members of the default group, it should be assumed to be not
    > activated and the first group (if any) with the AND condition should be
    > considered the default group. This allows something like group 1-OR with
    > group 2-AND to act like an either/or choice.
    >
    > —
    > <https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/20#issuecomment-46523185>.

---
with INFRA.