On 27 Jun 2014, at 2:18, Paul Benedict wrote:

I agree with Jorg. Furthermore, I have found repositories addresses change
overtime. I *don't* want this information in the POM either because it
becomes stale. It's not really build information, per se, as it is Maven connection information. I have to fallback to modifying my settings.xml when I encounter one of these situations -- which is "smell" enough of this
very issue.

+1 - it's this reason I and others recommend all devs run a local archiva/nexus as a mirror, even if they have a company mirror - then you can add such repositories either company wide, or local if you need them.