Hi Martin,

> If I understand what you are attempting here:
you wish to place additional restrictions on which artifacts are being exposed
to distribution-management
via a maven-enforcer-plugin rule implementor ?

No. I don't want to restrict which artifact is being exposed in contradiction i would like to restrict the usage of the distributionManagement tag (or sub parts) itself in pom's to force the usage of it only once or with some exceptions within projects in a larger company which leads often to problems.

from a conceptual point of view Repo Managers (nexus specifically) can
grant or deny access to repos, packages within those repos and artifacts within
the packages
I know that...

  From there the permissions matrix of that folder can be implemented by
imposing .htaccess on the folder
in this way devs do not have access to any of the RELEASE repositories
Operators do not have insert/update capability to SNAPSHOTs
That's not my intention...

  if this your intent here?

Martin
__________________

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 08:08:10 +0200
From: khmarba...@gmx.de
To: dev@maven.apache.org
Subject: [RFC] [MENFORCER-174]

Hi,

according to comments about the naming of the rule
(BanDistributionManagement my original name) and the suggestions made by
Robert Scholte which of course are true in particular about the
confusions about the intention of the rule.

I would like to know if someone of the devs has a good/better idea...

My idea is: FilterDistributionManagement

The idea of the rule is to limit the usage of distributionManagement in
particular areas of pom may be only within a company pom etc.

What about LimitDistributionManagementUsage

Many thanks in advance...

Kind regards
Karl-Heinz Marbaise

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Karl-Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl-Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de