Personally, I’ve always wondered if the <repository> entries should have an
<includes> and <excludes> tags to say this repository should only be searched
for these artifacts (like org.apache.*:*).  Should help speed the builds by not
looking at every repository for every artifact when we know they are in central.

Dan

On Jul 4, 2014, at 12:56 PM, Robert Scholte <rfscho...@apache.org> wrote:

> In addition to our hangout session: isn't it weird that for a dependency
> Maven can go over all the repositories, even though when an extra repository
> is added to the pom.xml, the developer knows exactly which dependencies
> should make use of that repository.
>
> To me it would make sense if you could add a reference to the repository per
> dependency, like
>
> <dependency>
>  <groupId>com.acme</groupId>
>  <artifactId>specialtool</artifactId>
>  <version>1.0-alpha-1</version>
>  <repositoryId>acme-store</repositoryId> <!-- only look in this repo, I know
> it's not in Central -->
> </dependency>
>
> Robert
>
> Op Thu, 03 Jul 2014 00:37:17 +0200 schreef Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com>:
>
>> On 3 Jul 2014, at 6:25, Robert Scholte wrote:
>>
>>> This is probably more than enough for tomorrow.
>>
>> A discussion on a merits and flaws of <repositories> (when combined with
>> mirrors) is also warranted after some previous discussion on the list.
>>
>> Mark

Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog