On 16 August 2014 02:26, Martin Todorov <carlspr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to become a Maven committer. I have lately been contributing
> fixes to the maven-indexer, which is my current area of interest (I have
> been working together with Tamas Cservenak on it). I'm also deeply familiar
> with writing Maven plugins and with how a large part of the core plugins
> work.
>
> You can see my pulls here:
> - https://github.com/apache/maven-indexer/pull/1
> - https://github.com/apache/maven-indexer/pull/3
> - https://github.com/apache/maven-indexer/pull/4
>
> I am currently working on a few more things on the maven-indexer as well. I
> can contribute both knowledge and some free time to the project.
> I have written quite a few OSS plugins which are hosted on Github, so I am
> familiar with the contribution process, how pulls work and how to look
> after an OSS project.
> I've already read Stephen's blog about becoming a committer, and, as a
> senior build and release engineer, I agree with his approach. I also
> believe my fixes live up to a high standard.
>
> It would be a privilege to be able to join the team.

You've already got a Jira account. The next step would be to see if you can
assign issues to yourself. If you can't you will need some extra
permissions, which can get organised.

Then look for your assignments - find that itch that you need to scratch.
If the indexer is something that interests you then scour those issues to
see what you want to work on, or work with Tamas to select issues.

Good luck.