Hello Benson,

we work around the distributionManagement issue for our in-house
projects by defining a property which is picked up from Maven
settings.xml in our department parent pom.

My question here: if you do not define distributionManagement (via a
property) in a pom, all users of Maven would have to fiddle around
with their settings to deploy anything.

Regards Mirko
--
http://illegalstateexception.blogspot.com/