Github user hboutemy commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/32#issuecomment-68146338

    I completely understand Christian motivation: we have a problem when we
need interaction between non-default lifecycle and default lifecycle
    this causes multiple already opened issues:
    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPIR-238
    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-171

    and this causes other problems that I'm starting to see without having
opened a Jira issue at the moment: you cannot build a multi-module site
independently from building the artifacts
    then SHA-1 is incorrect, since the package has been rebuilt

    I didn't have time to study the patch, I understand how the idea of this
"legacy reactor resolution" isn't ideal, but it looks promising to wait for
more complete solution (that will have deep impact, I fear)

---
with INFRA.
---