Hi Robert,

Is this a mult module project ? Have you defined the scm connection only in the root module ? Are you trying to release from the root of ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

On 10/7/15 4:48 AM, Robert Patrick wrote:
Hi,

Sorry for the noise but it seems like the Maven Release Plugin 2.5.2 (with Maven 3.3.3)
is not doing what I would have expected with a Git repo.  As you can see below, the
"git push" command is mangling the repository by tacking the artifactId of my
multi-module project onto the end of the connection url, which is causing our Gitlab
server to rightfully complain that the repository does not exist.

[INFO] Checking in modified POMs...

[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test && git add --
parent/pom.xml util/pom.xml consumer/pom.xml pom.xml

[INFO] Working directory: /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test

[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test && git
rev-parse --show-toplevel

[INFO] Working directory: /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test

[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test && git status
--porcelain .

[INFO] Working directory: /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test

[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test && git commit
--verbose -F /tmp/maven-scm-1310627247.commit parent/pom.xml util/pom.xml
consumer/pom.xml pom.xml

[INFO] Working directory: /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test

[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test && git
symbolic-ref HEAD

[INFO] Working directory: /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test

[INFO] Executing: /bin/sh -c cd /scratch/rpatrick/snapshots-test && git push
g...@orahub.oraclecorp.com:robert.patrick/snapshots-test.git/snapshots-multi-module
refs/heads/master:refs/heads/master

My scm section of my parent pom (whjch all poms inherent from) looks like this:

   <scm>

<developerConnection>scm:git:g...@orahub.oraclecorp.com:robert.patrick/snapshots-test.git</developerConnection>

<connection>scm:git:g...@orahub.oraclecorp.com:robert.patrick/snapshots-test.git</connection>
   </scm>

So why is Maven trying to use HYPERLINK
"mailto:g...@orahub.oraclecorp.com:robert.patrick/snapshots-test.git/snapshots-multi-module"g...@orahub.oraclecorp.com:robert.patrick/snapshots-test.git/snapshots-multi-module
 in the git push command?

Am I just doing something stupid or is this really busted?