No idea what com.basistech.ws.itest.
FrontEndIT.paxConfiguration(FrontEndIT.java:44)
is doing, obviously some Java Reflection calls.

But don't expect that everything goes well because you maybe relied on one
of the bugs reported in Surefire.
Since now the failsafe plugin takes jar (built src/main/java) instead of
target/classes/.
If you rely on target/classes/, use surefire-plugin because that's what the
unit tests do.