Hi all,

  This week I was at Devoxx conférence where there were various talks about
the incoming JDK 9 and the new Java Modules. If this is a subject that you
are interested in and want to know more (and especially how it will break
maven) I recommend you to watch the recording of the following sessions

Keynote by Mark Reinhold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1s7R85GF1A

Introduction to Modular Development by Mark Reinhold/Alan Bateman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr4O4SbzihQ

Prepare for JDK 9! by Mark Reinhold/Alan Bateman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfbRuvv5qc

Modular Development with JDK 9 by Mark Reinhold/Alan Bateman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ycn1-QQV0

Advanced Modular Development by Mark Reinhold/Alan Bateman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1WFX8yeKM

Project Jigsaw: Under the Hood by Mark Reinhold/Alan Bateman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKC0uC7QUkI

Ask the JDK Architects
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vvx505mu3s

Form now all Devoxx sessions are freely available on Youtube at D+1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCBVCTuk6uJrN3iFV_3vurg

As Jason is in the expert group I imagine that he already started to think
about how to adapt maven to be able to easily consume/produce classical jar
files and J9+ Java Modules.

Cheers,

--
-----