Github user seanf commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/108#issuecomment-161909472

    Hi Tibor,

    I don't understand. Are you saying you did try to build an IT for this?
    Could you share it, please? What counts would you consider realistic?

    I won't have any time to look at the code for a few days, but running a
    test more than once *in series* (not parallel) should not affect
    concurrency, because the test hasn't failed until all runs for that test
    have finished.

    I'm still assuming failureCount is meant to count failed tests, not bad
    runs. You didn't answer my question about that (and the docs don't say),
    but I do think it is better to count tests, as long as it is documented.

    As I said, there should be no race condition if failureCount counts
    (completely) failed tests, assuming the runs for each test are serialised.

    Sean.

    On 3 December 2015 at 01:38, Tibor Digana <notificati...@github.com> wrote:

    > Try to build IT with your code with more realistic counts, but the
    > fail-fast feature would not be coherent due to concurrency problem across
    > forks.
    >
    > —
    > <https://github.com/apache/maven-surefire/pull/108#issuecomment-161337141>
    > .