On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 8:29 AM Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm more curious of the growth of "skip" parameters of plugins. Do they
> exist really to skip the plugin, or are they really representative of the
> desire to skip an entire phase?
>
> [snip]

I frequently disable a subset of plugins which run at the "package"
(usually supplemental artifacts, like javadoc jars or source jars) or
"verify" phase (like findbugs or checkstyle), for testing, while leaving
others enabled.

While I can imagine it would be useful to skip an entire phase in some
situations, I've never encountered the desire to do so. It might be an
interesting feature to have in the toolkit, though.