Hi guys,

The SonarQube plugin for Maven try to configure SonarQube analysis based on
Maven project configuration. We are interested by project model (packaging,
properties) but also by configuration of other plugins (m-compiler-p source and
target for example).

Our approach to get this configuration is to read the pom using injected
MavenProject and get an Xpp3Dom [1]. This approach is very hacky since we have
to manually take care of all possible ways to configure a plugin:
  - configuration can be in build/plugins or in build/pluginsManagement or even
in reporting section
  - I'm not sure we are supporting configuration "per execution"
  - we are not supporting configuration provided using user properties (see [2])
  - we have to hardcode default values

So here is my question: is it possible for a plugin to get "resolved"
configuration from another plugin. I mean the configuration that would have
been injected in this other plugin at runtime.

For example I would like to access value injected in compiler mojo for the
"source" attribute [3]. I guess m2e has a similar need but I don't know how it
works.

Thanks for your help,

Julien

[1]