Hi,

As you may have noticed, I created a MNG-3507 branch.
The idea here is to develop colorization not at slf4j implementation level,
but in core (and later plugins): slf4j implementation is only responsible for
DEBUG/INFO/WARNING/ERROR colorization, core and plugins are responsible for
messages.

I implemented message colorization that J Dillon did in slf4j-gossip: the only
part I still didn't do is the stacktrace enhancement.
Batch mode disables color: we can choose to create specific CLI options later
if we prefer.
And the most important is that core provides jansi to plugins: any plugin
using jansi benefits from jansi configuration (mainly enable/disable color)

As a proof of concept, I implemented color output in core ITs invoker [1]: if
run with older Maven, color is always on (since core doesn't provide
configured jansi), but if run with the branch, the plugin has color
deactivated in batch mode.
As you can see, also, Jenkins doesn't display ansi code nicely [2]...

I also updated some IT test code to strip ansi codes [3] and not choke with
color on.

I still need to test on Windows, if nobody beats me at it.

If nobody objects, I'll merge code to master and update slf4j-gossip
accordingly (a lot of features are now in core): the discussion on changing
default slf4j implementation will happen a little bit later.

Regards,

Hervé

[1]
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/maven-integration-testing/commit/13bd5416