Am 06/20/16 um 19:15 schrieb Robert Scholte:
> Hi Christian,
>
> when I introduced the maven-project-utils I had a library in mind with
> helpful MavenProject related methods for multiple plugins. For that reason
> I didn't make it part of the Maven distribution.
> With this commit the library suddenly is required.
> Instead I think you should use plain JAnsi or we should extract the
> logging part from the library.

Hervé committed this and is currently working on it. Colours disappeard
on current 'master' here. I am not sure using plain JAnsi is the way to
go. I would prefer having some kind of facade people can use which
allows us to replace JAnsi without the need to touch any code. Currently
JAnsi still is on the compile classpath. That's like using classes of
some 'com.sun' package. We have no compiler warning people about direct
use of JAnsi. So it better disappears from any compile classpath to be
safe. Allowing direct use of JAnsi we also run into that 'everyone uses
colours in an inconsistent way' - like someone else already said - we
will get that rainbow console effect sometime in the future (when people
start providing colours in theire plugins). The API Hervé is working on
looks promising. Maybe we make that a class in 'maven-core' instead of a
part of some library. Plugins already add 'maven-core' to theire compile
classpath. That could pull in some kind of Ansi Logging helper class as
well. No need for a separate library, I think.

Christian