Hi,

Unfortuantely I wrote this down as a Jira ticket, but it seems it wasn't
created in the end so I'll post this via Email ;-)

I am currently working on clean support for Apache Flex build with Maven. Prior
to 3.3.1 non-java builds were sort of relying on a scope-resolution bug that
was fixed in newer version. Now non-default scopes can no longer have
transitive dependencies. In order to fix this, I did a little refactoring of
the scope resolution code in MavenRepositorySystemUtils.newSession().

The idea is to wrap together the language-dependent parts of the scope
resolution and have these automatically injected into
DefaultRepositorySystemFactory. Per default there would only be one instance
(JavaLanguageSupport) available. But I could provide other LanguageSupport
implementations for other languages via Maven extensions.

I implemented this as a POC. I didn't find my changes breaking anything in the
maven test-suite and I was able to add my FlexJsLanguageSupport to maven and
have it called for scope resolution requests.

I just pushed a commit to my maven fork:

https://github.com/chrisdutz/maven/commit/cd205837540c3df74ad4a8eb8b6c710a93cff156

And here ist the FlexJS counterpart:

https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flex-falcon.git;a=commit;h=aea14be67db2b28b766d274d900ce076fdb8522b

Does it make sense to invest more time into this feature, or is this road a
dead-end?

Chris