Hi,

Thanks for the reply and I agree with the logical circular dependency
argument.
But I still believe that this is valid test/use case for a Maven plugin
being
developed.

The profile idea 'self-test/run' works in this case for what I'm working on;
but I think main reason is that logic here only applies to Java sources and
the default is process-sources. In this, the plugin needs to run against
itself
before any release.

Regards,
Behrooz