        <property>
          <name>profilea</name>
          <value>!true</value>
        </property>
      </activation>
      <build>
        <plugins>
          <plugin>
            <groupId>com.soebes.maven.plugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>echo-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <executions>
              <execution>
                <phase>initialize</phase>
                <goals>
                  <goal>echo</goal>
                </goals>
              </execution>
            </executions>
            <configuration>
              <echos>
                <echo>profile not value true</echo>
              </echos>
            </configuration>
          </plugin>
        </plugins>
      </build>
    </profile>

So the question is: What would you expect you need to do to activate this profile?

Currently this profile is activated cause if I don't define the property "profilea" at all it seemed to that Maven is assuming this means "not value 'true'" ?

I have assumed it should be activated if the property exists which means giving it on command line like this:

mvn -Dprofilea

WDYT ?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise