The JUnit5 team create junit5-provider which might be nice to have a
look inside. I don't know if this provider has all features Surefire
provided through surefire-junit47-provider, I know for certain that
junit5-provider converts JUnit 5 Executor to JUnit 4 Runners and
that's the way to support all features again.

--
Cheers
Tibor