As for instance comparing 6.1 > 6.1H. A good example would be 1.2.3 >
1.2.3-RC1 but Maven may receive a new Jira request where 6.1H breaks
something else, and therefore never ending story to change comparator.
That now you have to always change implementation by users requests in Jira.
I know that you are talking about Test review but my point is not the test
however I read your test completely and have nothing against your test LGTM.
The purpose of the scripts is to move the responsibility to user in order
to implement some user's wishes on their side.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarba...@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hi Tibor,
>
> maybe you misunderstand my request...I would like to have review on the
> code in comparison to the original ComparableVersionTest which uses
> Comparator as return type which produces warnings in IDE about raw types
> which I tried to fix...and now I would like to have someone taken a look on
> it if I didn't missing an important thing in the test which might make an
> assumption which I oversight...
>

> Why should a user write a script in .mvn ? What should be the purpose of
> that...?
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz
>
> On 25/09/16 11:17, Tibor Digana wrote:
>
>> If it just works, ok.
>> But I am thinking of different topic related to Versions. Since Versions
>> have been discussed in Jira even before I am thinking if it is more
>> suitable to let the users write some script as versions-comparator.bsh in
>> Bean Shell in folder ".mvn".
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise-3 [via Maven] <
>> ml-node+s40175n5881382...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have polished the code of the ComparableVersionTest class a little
>>> bit...which looks like this:
>>>
>>> https://gist.github.com/khmarbaise/a75a967983118de0dddea0adbd21b9d7
>>>
>>> This will prevent warnings in IDE about raw types...
>>>
>>> WDYT ?
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Karl Heinz Marbaise

>>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5881382&i=1>

>>> BhY2hlLm9yZ3wxNDIxNjZ8LTI4OTQ5MjEwMg==>
>>> .
>>> NAML
>>> <http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?m
>>> acro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base
>>> =nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.
>>> template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamesp
>>> ace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.
>>> naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_