Am 12/15/16 um 23:28 schrieb Christian Schulte:
> different thing. Think about the dependency management as a global
> override of everything. That's how the resolver works. That's my

Maven does it that way since 2.0.something. Take a look at this pom:
<http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/junit/junit/4.12/junit-4.12.pom>.
You'll see it declares a dependency on hamcrest-core in version 1.3.
Here is a pom managing that version to 1.1.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>localhost</groupId>
  <artifactId>test</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <dependencyManagement>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.hamcrest</groupId>
        <artifactId>hamcrest-core</artifactId>
        <version>1.1</version>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>
  </dependencyManagement>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>4.12</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

Run mvn -X dependency:tree on that pom. You'll see that the version of
the transitive dependency of junit will have been managed to what I put
into that pom. That's exactly what I would expect to happen.

[INFO] localhost:test:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] \- junit:junit:jar:4.12:compile
[INFO]    \- org.hamcrest:hamcrest-core:jar:1.1:compile (version managed
from 1.3)